To plan, implement, and coordinate a ministry of Christian instruction and nurture that will enable children, birth through 5th grade, to experience and grow in the grace and love of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- College degree or equivalent experience in ministry with children.
- Demonstrated commitment to Jesus Christ; faithfully practice a personal devotional life.
- Passion and vision for children’s ministries; demonstrated rapport with children from nursery age through 5th grade.
- Ability to recruit, train and motivate volunteers to be involved in children’s ministry.
- Well-developed teaching gifts, including experience with children in a Christian context.
- Excellent administrative, interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Experience and knowledge with the development of educational children’s programs.
- Self-motivated and dedicated; function well as a team player.
- Able to clearly detail goals, objectives, and budgetary requests.
- Computer skill necessary for word processing, spreadsheets, and related church software programs.
- Expected to be a regular attendee in the worship experience of the church.
- FBI Clearances and Safe Sanctuary Training required.
- Lead and oversee all children’s ministries and serve as Staff liaison member to the ministry teams as identified in Attachment A, which is made a part of this Job Description.
- Recruit, interview, select, and, as necessary, train teachers, helpers, volunteers, substitutes for doing children ministry; provide support, direction, advice, and encouragement.
- Coordinate workers, curriculum, and special events; assist in developing discipline procedures.
- Maintain the procedures outlined in the Safe Sanctuary Child Abuse Policy of the church that safeguards the children and the volunteers who work with children and youth.
- Make purchasing decisions and provide supplies for all children’s programs.
- Help establish annual program goals and annual budget requests.
- Perform administrative duties which include: monthly newsletter, bulletin announcements, web-site information, communicate with staff and parents, and data base of registered children.
- Develop and implement new programs, study groups and events for the children.
- Develop online virtual ministry.
- Coordinate ministry activity and program scheduling with other Staff members and their respective program areas of responsibility, e.g., worship, youth, young adults, and music.
- Coordinate meeting schedules and other building use with the Office Administrative Assistant.
- Attend seminars and conferences for professional development.
- Attend Staff meetings as announced/scheduled by the Pastor.
- Adhere to Chippewa UMC policies and procedures.
* These duties are not to be considered as a complete and detailed list of all related work requirements that may be part of this job.
- The work schedule for this position is an average of 40 hours per week. A regular schedule of hours per week shall be established subject to the approval of the Pastor of Chippewa UMC. Planned absences from the normal weekly schedule shall be approved according to the vacation policy in the employee handbook.
- Reports directly to the Pastor of Chippewa UMC
- Accountable to Church Council through the Staff Parish Relations Committee.